Wednesday 17 November 2010

Interior Designer Alexa Hampton

Interior designer Alexa Hampton was appointed to turn this house in Bridgehampton, New York, into a calm, easygoing but stylish weekend retreat.


Gambrel roof style with shingles. The façade spells out symmetry. Boxwood was planted in the front garden.


A well-scaled double-height entrance hall with a handsome staircase. Here Alexa played with a series of echoing geometrical shapes: diamonds on the chandelier, circles on the console and a grid on the carpet. The shades on the vintage chandelier were painted white to look like stretched linen. Hickory Chair center table, sofa and console.


In the living room mismatched side tables flank a Gustavian console table. The stripes of the pillows match the rug. The Lifeguard, by Thomas L. Tribby, hangs above the mantel.


The dark wood of the floors and table in the kitchen's dining area adds contrast to the white kitchen.


Alexa says of the master bedroom:“Palladian windows are notoriously hard to curtain, either you cover them up and lose the detail or you leave them open and wake up to morning light. My client preferred to wake up to the morning light.”

Photography by Scott Frances
All images and information from Architectural Digest.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kifus :)
    mi piace molto questa casa in bianco !
    Buona giornata.
    Che tempo fà da te ?
    Myriam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from Scandinavia! I study interior design in Finland and my husband just brought me latest Elle Decor from his trip to Canada. There was an interview of Victoria Hagan, I googled her and ended up to you blog :)

    The interiors in you blog are the ones I like a lot. And Victoria Hagan´s works are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kifus! It is a fantastic house! I had seen it in AD. I think that Alexa Hampton is a vert talented designer!
    xx
    Greet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kifus, I am glad you visited in my blog. And I hope you don´t mind that I linked your blog in my recent posting :)

    The pictures you commented are from our weekend house and if you like you can find more pictures under label "Villa Unelma". Unelma means in Finnish kind of "dream to come true". Unfortunately the texts are in Finnish, but I try to write also in English in the future.

    Have a great Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome classical mansion and interior, very stylish. I don't like classical style a lot (the style of the Spanish farmhouse in your latest post is my favorite style), but this one I do like!! What a dream to have such a spacious master bedroom, great windows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful interiors darling! :-)
    Kisses
    ETta

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Widget By Devils Workshop